Dr. Xiaowei Song
Dr. Xiaowei Song is a neuroscientist with neuroimaging expertise. She has long-standing interest in Alzheimer’s and dementia research and has led multiple research projects promoting brain health and physical health in aging. Her research has been supported by the National Research Council Canada, Canadian Institutes of Health Research, and other funding sources.
Dr. Song has been working as at the Neuroimaging Research Laboratory in the National Research Council Canada’s Institute for Biodiagnostics – Atlantic for ten years, before joining Fraser Health Authority in 2014 as Clinical Neuroimaging Senior Scientist. She holds adjunct Staff Scientist positions at the Capital Health QEII Sciences Centre (Geriatric Medicine) and the IWK Health Centre (Diagnostic Imaging), and is an Associate Professor (Medicine) with Dalhousie University and Adjunct Professor with Simon Fraser University.
- Postgraduate level of training in multidisciplinary research fields, including neuroscience and geriatric medicine research, as well as extra education in computing science and statistics for health data and imaging data analysis
- Multiple years of experience in health research post PhD, with a focus on neuroimaging of dementia, cognitive impairment, and aging; accumulated over 70 peer-reviewed scientific journal publications and over 100 conference presentations and invited talks
- Led the development and completion of multiple research projects, and obtained over a million dollars of financial support for research and technology innovation as principal/key investigator, including grants from national and international sources
- Supervised over 20 highly qualified research personnel in conducting health research, including two PhD students and four postdoctoral fellows who have become independent researchers
- Established academic recognition in the research field, actively serving in scientific journal editorial boards and in grant review, graduate studies committees
Xiaowei Song, PhD, MSCS
Clinical Neuroimaging Senior Scientist
Fraser Health Authority
Health Science and Innovation
ImageTech-NeuroTech Research Labs
Surrey Memorial Hospital
Surrey, BC V3V 1Z2
Tel: 604.585.5666 (ext 774986)